Preparing for the CanTEST
Courses and Tutors
The best way to prepare for the CanTEST is to take an academic English course at your local university or college. At the University of Ottawa, English as a second language (ESL) credits and intensive courses are available. Another option is to work with a tutor. Please contact the head of the ESL department at your local university or college. Language Testing Services do not provide test preparation courses or tutoring services.
Test Preparation Materials
The CanTEST has two products available to help you prepare for the test.
- Test strategy information;
- Full Listening Comprehension test, including audio CD;
- Full Skimming and Scanning test;
- Full Reading Comprehension test, including cloze test;
- Answer key;
- Includes all information from the CanTEST Information Book.
- Information about how to complete cloze tests;
- Ten practice cloze tests;
- Answer key.